Large sum of money and a yellow Harley t-shirt

So, there was a long voicemail message on my phone from the police. 

It was a recorded message that they sent out to everyone in the neighbourhood because there was a crime. 

Here’s a transcript of the message that was about a bank robbery in the ‘hood:

“The culprit is believed to have discarded money and clothes some where in the area and the police are asking you to look in your backyards for a large sum of money and clothes described as a yellow Harley tee-shirt, jeans, black hat with red and white logos on the front and back. If you find any money and or clothes matching this description or if you have any info regarding this incident please call the robbery unit....” 

 Okay, for me this raises three questions:
  1. is guy walking around naked?
  2. are we so Canadian that we would return a large sum or money found in our backyard? and,
  3. isn’t the idea of a robbery to keep the money instead of ditching it in someone’s backyard?
I thought it was a hilarious message. If you write crime thrillers, feel free to use this as a jumping off point. 

As Sherlock Holmes would say: “Is there any point to which you wish to draw my attention.” 

Anyway, got to go check the back yard for a, um, large sum of money ....

Comments

Dawn Ius said…
You've just described my dream day: Wake up. Get ready for work. Open back door to sunshine. And a freaking huge bag of cash.
Cathie said…
Ha, very funny. I'm quite entertained, Jan, by your blog post. Did you actually search your backyard?

If you run into this guy, would you ask him to deposit his funds on my balcony next time?

Cathie of Calgary Computer Repair and Services
Angie said…
I'm chuckling. Did you find the money?
Anne R. Allen said…
Hilarious. This is when it's great to be a writer. Everybody else in the neighborhood is probably freaked, but here's our intrepid writer, thinking Sherlock Holmes...
Jan Markley said…
Oh, I wish I found the money, gave the yard a good search though, neighbours probably thought I was finally getting around to pulling those weeds! Little did they know ...

Popular Posts