Leaving on a jet plane ...

I'm leaving on a jet plane ... pretty sure when I'll be back again ...
As I pack for my trip to Toronto, where I will have a book launch at Scooter Girl Toys on Thursday November 26th at 7 pm, and several school visits, I ask myself the question that authors on book tours for millennium before me have asked: do I wear the fabulous shoes that make my feet bleed or the nice, dressy, acceptable, but a few iotas short of fabulous, shoes that don't make my feet bleed?
It's a dilemma that will play itself out repeatedly over the years for writers and will not get resolved in many authorly lifetimes.
Many of you have asked where you can get my debut novel Dead Frog on the Porch. Here's a run down:
In Calgary:
I'll be signing books this afternoon/evening (Tuesday) in Indigo in Signal Hill.
In Edmonton:
Greenwoods' Books (Small World Children's books) and Indigo North Town Centre (they have a very large Indigo Kids section).
In the rest of Canada and the world:
I promise when I'm back that I'll continue with the de-brief of awesome writerly things I learned at the Surrey International Writers Conference.
P.S.: My feet will bleed ;-j

Comments

Diane Girard said…
Oh, no! I can but encourage you to change your mind. She who wears dressy flats will suffer least, smile most, and sell more books.
Carol J. Garvin said…
I hope it was a wildly successful launch, you sold lots of books, the school visits went well... and you had tissues tucked into those shoes to soak up the blood! (I would have gone with the sensible ones, but who am I to judge what it takes to provide a helpful boost to one's confidence at such an event?)

Popular Posts